Diva "BarbieDiva MUA" Monroe (the Model/Makeup Artist)

Diva "BarbieDiva MUA" Monroe (the Model/Makeup Artist)

Friday, January 22, 2010

Frustrations of a TALENTED Makeup Artist



Hey Everyone,

Those of you who know me personally know that I am passionate about my makeup and this is something I was born to do. No one taught me how to do it but myself. It all came from practice and dedication to perfecting my skill. I am not one to boast but I believe my makeup skill is on an A-list scale with most other makeup artists that I know. If I didn't have the confidence that I have in my work, I wouldn't be as effective. So yes I said it, I have A-list skills in makeup... LOL... Well I been building this skill for 7yrs now with all the many trips to the MAC Store and all the times sitting in front of the mirror painting my face and hundreds of others.

Sometimes I get so frustrated because I feel like I should be doing so much more. I know I can do more...I am very capable of doing more. I am currently working as a freelance makeup artist which means that I am "on call" when needed for makeup services. Most of the time I promote myself enough to get people to want to come to me to get their makeup done. I wish there was a way I could just get up everyday, paint 50 faces, come back home and go to sleep with a smile.. but it's not always that simple. I want and need MORE!! Jobs come and go but I am seeking stability!

I plan to eventually move to NYC and persue my dream of working for Broadway doing makeup for all of the actors and actresses. I am very determined to make this dream come true. I know I want to work with my makeup mentor Alicia Mitchell along the way! She is another A-lister...very talented right out of New Jersey! I LOVE YOU ALICIA...you totally rock =)

Well now that you know my frustrations and know my plans, HELP A SISTER OUT!

Until then Ta Ta!


No comments:

Post a Comment